My kids voted this my best ever lasagne and it’s their “favourite ever” meal!
We usually have with salad and a good crusty bread.
The creamy white sauce I use for this is also on this site here.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 375g jar of your favourite tomato based pasta sauce, e.g. basil and garlic
- 50g Lentils, Red, split
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 15 leaves basil, chopped
- 6-8 Wholemeal Lasagne Sheets
- Creamy White Sauce – 1 batch
- 150g Baby Spinach
- Make the Creamy White Sauce - see other recipes.
- Sauté onion, garlic after 5 mins, then add capsicum, carrot, celery, zucchini and let soften – about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, jar of sauce, lentils, oregano, baby spinach, and basil, season to taste. Allow to simmer until spinach wilts.
- In lasagne dish put a thin layer tomato sauce, cover with lasagne sheets
- Layer the 2 sauces and pasta alternately in lasagne dish, topping with 2nd half of white sauce (or 3 layers depending on how thick your layers are)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in moderate oven. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional info: Cals: 280 | Fat: 7g | Protein: 13.5g | Carb: 34.5g | Fibre: 10.65g | Sodium: 291mg