- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup grated or diced carrot
- ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 heaped tablespoon creamy style hummus
- pinch of kala namak or black salt (gives an egg flavour)
- 1 tablespoon of commercial fat free mayo (there are a few egg-free varieties on market)
- salt & pepper
- squeeze of lemon - to taste
- Optional: finely chopped parsley
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, put in a shallow bowl and roughly mash with a fork or potato masher
- Prepare the vegetables and add to the bowl
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and stir into the chickpeas and vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste. Add parsley if desired. Some people might add a dash of chilli sauce too 🙂
Pulse the chickpeas in the processor with S blade 2 or 3 times.
Add the capsicum and pulse again until chickpeas are broken and the capsicum is finely chopped.
Remove blade, insert the grating attachment and grate the carrot over the chickpeas.
Replace grating with slicing attachment, and add the celery and spring onions.
Mix the dressing in a large bowl
Tip the contents of the processor into the bowl and mix well.