Spicy Orange Noodles with Mushrooms, Kale & Edamame
Recipe type: Main
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon orange / mandarin zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed / chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup / brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon semi dried chilli / chilli flakes - adjust to suit
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup soy milk
- OTHER THINGS:
- 350g wholewheat noodles or spaghetti
- 1 cup podded edamame beans
- ½ bunch kale, destemmed, finely shredded
- 375g punnet sliced mushrooms
- To serve: spring onions, finely chopped
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for the noodles.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare the beans, mushrooms and and kale.
- Put the shredded kale in to a large bowl and pour boiling water over it.
- Heat a large deep frying pan or wok and add the mushrooms.
- Once liquid is released add the kale and stir around.
- Once noodles are almost ready add the beans to the frying pan or wok and heat through. Cook for a few minutes until the kale is tender and most of liquid evaporated.
- Serve up the noodles into individual bowls, top with the vegeables and drizzle over the sauce.
- Sprinkle over the spring onions.