Lemongrass & Chilli-Lime Stir Fry
Aromatic stir fry with Thai flavours and green vegetables. Serve with noodles or rice.
Recipe type: Main
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 zucchini
- 1 green capsicum
- 200g button / smallish mushrooms
- 200g snow peas
- 1 pack marinated tofu pieces
- ½ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- ½ cup apple juice
- Juice and zest of a lime
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- To Serve: Rice or Noodles, freshly chopped coriander
- Put on your rice or noodles to cook.
- Peel the garlic, chop and deseed the chillies, peel and slice a finger-length piece of lemongrass and put them in a food processor or mini-chopper and pulse until finely chopped.
- Prep the veggies: slice the zucchini into thick half-moons, quarter the button mushrooms, slice the capsicum, and de-vein and slice the snow peas lengthwise.
- Rinse the tofu in a sieve with boiling water to remove oily marinade then cut into bite size pieces.
- If you are having noodles, check if they are ready, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or deep frying pan with a lid and add the lemongrass, chilli and garlic paste with a tablespoon of water and stir around for a couple of minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, tofu and capsicum; mix well and put on the lid. Whisk together the apple juice, soy sauce, lime juice and zest and tahini.
- Add as much of the sauce as you like to the vegetables along with the snow peas and cook until they are bright green and still crisp. Add more if the sauce evaporates too much.
- Add the noodles to the pan or serve on top in individual bowls with the rice.
- Serve scattered with the chopped coriander leaves.