Pressure Cooker Savoury Lentils (with a no-PC option)
A quick and easy version of shepherdess pie filling. If you do not have a pressure cooker, follow the same procedure in a casserole dish or large saucepan with a lid and either bake in the oven for 45 minutes or simmer on the cooktop for 30 minutes.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 large onion - finely diced
- 2 sticks celery - finel diced
- 1 very large or 2 medium carrots - finely diced
- ½ cup Puy (french) lentils
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 heaped tsp chicken style stock powder
- 1 cup passata or chopped tomatoes, blended
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 large bay leaves
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Assemble and measure out all your ingredients first.
- Sauté the onion, celery and carrot in your pressure cooker, on the sauté or brown function for a few minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and set to cook on high pressure for 13 mins
- Release pressure
- Stir in the corn and peas.
- Close the lid and keep on warm function until potatoes or rice / pasta is ready