Curried Brown Rice Salad
Brown rice with chopped fresh raw veggies and an Indian inspired creamy dressing For a speedy week night dinner, cook the rice the previous day. This can easily be stretched to feel more mouths, depending on how much rice you add to the chopped veggies.
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large stick of celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium capsicum
- ½ cup baby frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 12 green beans, steamed and sliced
- 2 fat spring onions, sliced
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas (optional)
- 4-6 cups cooked brown rice, chilled or at room temperature
- Garnishes: (optional): Fresh chopped coriander, coconut, toasted cashews, chopped chillies
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 desert spoons avocado
- ¾ cup soy milk or other milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, any variety
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Put the rice on to cook if you're not using precooked rice.
- Whisk together, or blend in processor the ingredients for the dressing.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- Once the rice is cooked, spread it out on a large tray to cool down, or place in fridge for 30-50 mins if you have the time.
- Dish up the rice in to individual bowls and top with the vegetables and dressing, and optional garnishes.
- Leftovers can be mixed together and put in the fridge for lunches the next day! 🙂