As promised here’s the recipe! This worked really well on lasagme but would be equally at home in a pasta bake.
Quick Cheezy Sauce
- 1 large leek, chopped and washed
- (About 2 cups)
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of creamy hummus (eg Monjay Mezze brand)
- 1 cup soy milky lite
- 1.5 T miso paste
- ⅔ T lemon juice
- 2 heaped dessert spoons potato starch
- Soften leeks with a splash of water in covered small saucepan until softened.
- On a very low heat, add the miso, hummus and lemon juice, mix well then add the milk and potato starch. Whisk to mix thoroughly then once it has thickened use a stick blender to make completely smooth then cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.