Cauliflower, Coriander & Orange Pilaf
Recipe type: Rice dish
- 1.5 cups rice & lentil mix
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 tsp "Chicken Style" stock powder
- 7 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green (or other colour) capsicum, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- zest and juice of a large orange
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce / tamari
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- Dessicated coconut - garnish
- Put your rice, lentils and quinoa on to cook (same pot). I use a rice cooker and added 3 cups of water and 1 tsp of chicken style stock powder. You may need a little more water if you're using a lidded saucepan.
- Meanwhile, toast your pine nuts and chop / prepare all the other ingredients
- Once your grains and lentils are cooked, in a large frying pan or wok which has a lid, stir "fry" the onion and capsicum for a couple of minutes. Add the ground coriander and move it around until you can smell it toasting.
- Add the cauliflower florets, half a cup of water and cover for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- In a large bowl, tip your cooked grains & lentils, the cauliflower mixture, the orange zest and juice, soy sauce and toasted pine nuts and stir well to combine.
- Dish up and top with the chopped coriander, and coconut if desired.