Quick and easy weeknight dish that can be on the table inside 30 mins and you can spice it up or down depending on you or your family’s tastes.
Cuisine: Italian / Mexican
- 300g wholewheat fusilli /penne etc
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t smoked paprika
- ¼ - 1 tsp chilli powder to taste
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1.5 cups sweetcorn
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar mild (or medium / hot) salsa
- 1 avocado diced
- Chopped coriander
- Hot sauce
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot and boil your pasta.
- Water sauté the onion and capsicum over a medium heat, then after a few minutes add the garlic and herbs / spices and stir for another minute.
- Add all other ingredients apart from garnishes and mix thoroughly. Simmer until hot then tip in drained pasta once it's ready.
- Dish up and garnish as desired with avocado, coriander and hot sauce.