Mexican Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 2 stick celery
- 3 sliced spring onions
- 350g wholewheat pasta - penne / conchiglie / fusilli
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove
- 70ml white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cashew cream (cashews: soaked, drained blended with enough water to cover)
- 1 heaped tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp semi dried chillies (or chilli paste / fresh - to taste)
- lime zest
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Diced avocado - optional.
- Put your pasta on to boil and meanwhile prepare the vegetables:
- Dice the capsicum, celery, finely slice the spring onions and place in a very large serving bowl along with the kidney beans and corn.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain well and rinse under cold water, drain well.
- Tip into the bowl with the vegetables, pour over as much of the dressing as required, top with the lime zest and coriander and stir again. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Lovely with diced avocado on the top also.