Recipe type: Sauce
- 100g onion, peeled weight
- 300g potatoes (peeled weight)
- 75 g carrots
- 1 spring onion
- 75g raw cashews
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 level tsp fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (start with 2, add another after tasting)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pulse the onion, potatoes, carrots, spring onion and cashews in a food processor, then put in a medium saucepan with 2 cups water, bring to boil, turn down to simmer, cover and leave for 20 mins or until vegetables all very soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and use stick blender (or pour into blender) and blend til very smooth.
This was adapted from the infamous Vegnews mac & cheese sauce.